~ * ~

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

mute

giving, always giving
never asking someone
(not just anyone)
for love
for me --
just me.

needing
to be a priority
to someone
(not just anyone)

but

afraid that someone
(not just anyone)
would rather leave
than sacrifice anything
for me

and

unable to tell someone
(not just anyone)
what i crave --
for wondering
if it was freely given

or

borrowed against love
would cheapen the gift
and leave the true need
unfulfilled.

thus

my silence
is ever an invitation
for someone
(not just anyone)
to read my heart.

~ ~ ~

5Givers and Takers
04/07/05 by The_Fool

Hard sometimes to know whether you can ask for love and get something back that is as honest as love freely given without the hint. As far as style, I was trouble at first by the someone (not just anyone phrasing, but the more I read it, the more I liked it because of the rhythmic repetition.

5Spoke to me
04/07/05 by CrimsonMaiden

I can relate to the words of this poem. You say it so eloquently. :)

5Mute...
04/07/05 by Bridget69 in Canada

speaks volumes about the silent need to be noticed and loved.

5Imp~
04/07/05 by Anonymous

this is lovely. The title is perfect. ~Syn

5A consumate rendition
04/08/05 by matriarch

of that sometimes overpowering yearning, that desire for someone (not just anyone) to love you........it resonates deeply inside me, and echoes my own enforced mute state. A powerful, yet gentle piece. Mat xxxx

5Beautifully Non-traditional...
04/08/05 by Belegon in Southern California

...and a solid piece about the uncertainties we all face in relationships both old and new, casual and formal, defined and open to interpretation. This resonates within me.

5I know what you mean
04/08/05 by rikaaim in Ohio, USA

Because I'm on the other side of your poem I know what you mean. I am the "not just anyone". Sadly. I hope your "not just anyone" sees how special you really are and does decide to sacrafice anything for you. I have made that choice for my special someone and have never been happier. I know they would do the same for me and your poem shows the same in you. You would sacrafice anything for this person. You express perfectly the emotions as well as the imagery of what your trying to convey. The format lends itself well to your point...allowing the reader short intermissions to really "think" about what you are saying. By leaving in the small gaps, one can't overlook any of the detail your trying to impress. Well done.

5you really
04/08/05 by Anonymous

touched close to home with this one...very well done. Sabina

5Beautiful
04/08/05 by LadyJeanne

Your work never fails to reach me. I can identify with the silence - not wanting to ask, fearing to ask, hoping you don't have to ask - and the belief that love is, or should be, freely given. Thanks, Imp. LJ

5beautifully written
04/08/05 by sophia jane

I relate to this completely. Well done, Imp!

5Not just anyone...
04/08/05 by Wanton Vixxxen in Misty eyed in Pennsy...

could write this exquisite piece and make it reach out from the screen and tug at the heart like you can, imp. I still feel the heart's strings pulling as I write the comment. Simply beautiful! Vixxx

5not just anyone ...
04/08/05 by My Erotic Tail

could write such a masterpiece, a real pearl of a poem, I am totally impressed

5*
04/09/05 by Anonymous

Painful, lonely and gray is this work. Lost in the pugatory of a desperate voice... powerful in the simplicity of the desires that all hold so close to their souls.. very well done Imp.. Du Lac~

5**
12/22/05 by Miss Oatlash

The last stanza left me breathless.

5I can relate
02/20/07 by angelicminx in love with the man of my dreams

My silence has been broken, however, because I have found my someone (not just anyone)... or should I say he's found me. :) ~Minx

No comments: