~ * ~

Saturday, March 25, 2006

I See

I see you.

No,
not the you
you want the world to see.

I see
YOU:

the liar you
denounce;
the sycophant you
abhor;
the coward you
despise;
the fraud you
blast
with righteous indignation.

I see you
writhe
on the altar of inconsistency.

I see you
struggle
to be the you
you want the world to see.

I see you
in me.

~ ~ ~

5girl....
02/11/06 by Maria2394

this IS good. really fucking good. I wish I had written it. xoxox ~maria

5Wow!
02/11/06 by cloudy in Alabama

that last line is a left hook out of nowhere! Great job!

5~
02/11/06 by WickedEve

What a good poem. I saw the title and wasn't very tempted to read it, but I'm glad I did. :)

5Unexpected...
02/11/06 by dysphemist

and powerful ending!

5mentioned
02/11/06 by My Erotic Trail

Your poem was mention on the thread, NEW POEMS REVIEWS... Thanks for the literary journey ~Art~

5Love the way...
02/11/06 by Belegon in SoCal

...it starts external and then becomes an inner rant. Spare, compact and effective.

5~~
02/12/06 by LeBroz in _NY - too far from Atlanta

Seeing what's often missed ~ The I in the other Reflected back... Well done.

5Wow
02/12/06 by Harry Leg in Canada

I love this one. Still reeling from the left hook.

5Damn...
03/08/06 by MistressJett

Honey, I totally feel this one; perfectly articulated emotion.

5Powerful
03/26/06 by hugo_sam in Lost in the '70's

Moving through a thoughtful, intense rant to be brought up short in self-realization. Powerful and moving. Thank you Hugo

No comments: