~ * ~

Friday, March 10, 2006

drifting

captivatingly cruel
she draws my eye
frigid yet frail

sun-drenched distraction
oblivious to her
blinding beauty

perilously pristine
peppermint pane-cicles
drip drop from frozen lips

crystal blood
from an icy heart
on ivory eaves

so like my hope
melting in the winter
of passion's promise

~ ~ ~

5~
02/01/05 by WickedEve

This is a very good poem! This is cool line: peppermint pane-cicles

5A creative
02/01/05 by neonurotic

interesting metaphor, with fresh phrasing. Enjoyed.

5I must admit
02/01/05 by minsue

this was my pick of the monthly contest poems, though I had no idea it was yours. Well done, Imp! (in case you haven't heard, I'm a whore for alliteration...)

5Tweedly-neat!
02/01/05 by DeepAsleep

Enjoyed this! Clever alliteration always makes me grin, and as has already been said, it's a neat little metaphor. However, I had a question about this stanza: sun-drenched distraction oblivious to her blinding beauty The line break from second to third line feels off kilter, to me, maybe because the third line doesn't feel like a complete thought. My brain kept binding here, in rereads, so I thought I'd point at it and look confused. Loved it, on the whole! ~D.A.

5Nice to see this out and about.
02/02/05 by sandspike

I'd said this is IMPRESSIVE....but u already knew that. Drifting was my favorite.

5Sigh ...
02/03/05 by cookiejar in USA

To write poetry like this is a gift. Wonderful Imp!

5Hook!
02/03/05 by vella_ms

Isn't that what you say? especially loved: "...crystal blood from an icy heart on ivory eaves..." beautiful.

5drifting~
02/03/05 by My Erotic Tale

Impressive~ I too picked this poem I am impressed, had no idea who wrote it but I loved it, ...drifting an excellent #1 POEM for Janurary chilling I meant drifting~ great job~

5Mmm, baby!
02/05/05 by mismused

Pane-cicles? Passion in the winter gone awry? Do I remember correctly? Wonderful poem, Imp. A professional writer expanding her realm. I like.

No comments: