~ * ~

Saturday, February 25, 2006

ex sighs

Cut this hope from my heart
so that only love remains –
without crushing need
to hold;
to have.

Strip my world of want,
and let me breathe
through scar.

Empty my soul of blood
so that a word, mayhap,
cannot wound.

Catch my passion
as it dries;
as it dies.

~ ~ ~

5Hope and Love
05/25/05 by vella_ms

tightly interwoven... hard to have one without the other. great job, impster. you know i love your schtuff. time for another, please.

5mention
05/25/05 by Anonymous

mentioned in todays reviews

5Searing
05/25/05 by LadyJeanne

I marvel at your ability to capture the 'completeness' of a complicated set of emotions, and express it simply, yet with such rich imagery. Very well done. I share the sighs, sweets, and the wish to ease the pain. Thank you. LJ

5*Sigh
05/25/05 by Honey123

Your poetry is like a hand that reaches in and grabs at my inner being. You words always touch me. Great job, Imp ~Honey

5why does pain...
05/25/05 by Belegon in Southern California

...make for such beauty? Because we have to get this out of us before it eats our hearts to dwindled nubs that fetally quiver when touched...pity those who can't let it out. I do.

5This one....
05/25/05 by Samandiriel

is the best...not that the others sucked but the sheer symplicity captures the bigger picture. I didn't have the heart to bomb it...it's too good. I'll wait to bomb your next story before the other trolls do.

5wow
05/25/05 by Jennifer C

that one hit me hard! It's amazing how much beauty can come from so much pain. Great work, thanks. ~ J

5Exquisite ex sighs...
05/25/05 by Wanton Vixxxen

of both pain and poetry were expressed here. Imp, you have a way with your words that cut straight down to the marrow of the bone before we realize we're bleeding! As per your usual, an emotionally wretching piece flowed from your pen. Superb job! Vixxx

5Beautiful
05/25/05 by AppleBiter in USA

I loved it . . . nicely done.

5WoW
05/26/05 by ~hellbaby~

Seems like it has all been said, it's like the pain of losing a child thats what I think of when Iread this Thanks

5Deadly limits to love
05/27/05 by cantdog in admiration

The second strophe-- especially hard-hitting.

5just....just...just.......
05/27/05 by dcpoet44

brutally excellent. all else has been covered........nicely done......don

5Pain...
11/27/05 by Bill Dada

...like this doesn't sigh, it screams. In the right hands those screams are fuel for art. Apparently your hands are the right hands. A very powerful write. ty,bd

No comments: